- This project was the result of collaboration with a local Artists group (MishMash) meeting at Pound Arts in Corsham and local artists I met there such as Nigel Grima and Jan Nesbitt.
- It started with collage, photographed. It ended up hybridising painting and photography: starting with painting or some other way of making marks on paper (such as screen printing with oil paint); possibly extending this as a collage; and then photographing the result and completing the image in the camera, with aggressive lighting etc.
- I normally exhibit the results (they have been shown at the Pound Arts Centre, and the Cloth Road in Wiltshire) with the physical “painting” alongside the photographic image; here, I include a progression of 6 different images, most recent on the left.
- The leftmost image is a photograph through a used screen; the next picture is what we were using the screen to make, photographed.
- All pictures are resized to suit Zenfolio. Full size TIF images are available on request, but achieving ARPS shows that my technique is adequate; it is more appropriate to suit the image size etc to its context.
© David Norfolk and David Rhys Enterprises Ltd